Everyone knows Microsoft laptops are great, but it is often difficult to decide on the exact model which is right for you. Sure, you know you want great quality without shelling out thousands of dollars for something like a MacBook Pro, but there are still so many options to choose from. Microsoft has different laptop models that can be great for a variety of situations whether it be for personal use, business use, or gaming. It is important to narrow down exactly what traits you are looking for in a new computer, and in this roundup, we will help you decide from the best Microsoft laptops available.
What is the best microsoft laptop?
1. Best Personal Laptop: Microsoft Surface Laptop-Platinum
- Microsoft Surface Laptop features a 7th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 128...
- Backed by the best of Microsoft, including Windows and Office
- Sleek, elegant design; ultra-thin and light laptop fits easily in your bag
- Luxurious Alcantara fabric-covered keyboard
The Platinum version of the Microsoft Surface Laptop family is among the best computers on the market when it comes to offering a diverse personal laptop experience. It is light weight, and has a sleek silver exterior design. The Alcantara fabric-covered keyboard allows for smooth typing to go along with a surprisingly responsive trackpad to make navigating your computer without a mouse a breeze. A current Microsoft offer also includes free Office 365 for one year, making all key programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available with no extra charge upon purchase.
Buy this if: You want the highest quality exterior and screen appearance.
2. Best Personal Laptop: Microsoft Surface Book 2
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor,...
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB...
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with a new 15" touchscreen. Weight :...
The Microsoft Surface Book can act as both a laptop and a tablet to fit whatever you are in the mood for. The screen can be detached at any point and used as a touch pad with a very nice PixelSense display and quad-core processor. The laptop’s machined magnesium frame makes for a very smooth matte finish which tends to stay looking clean even after it has not been wiped in some time. Although the Surface Pen does not come standard with this model, it would be a wise purchase, as it makes navigating both home and work activities on the tablet mode far more enjoyable.
Buy this if: You want a versatile laptop/tablet combination.
3. Most Versatile: Microsoft Surface Pros
- The latest Microsoft Surface Pro Features a 7th generation Intel Core i5...
- Our fastest Surface Pro ever* thanks to a powerful Intel Core laptop grade...
- Go all day with up to 13.5 hours of battery life. * 50 percent more battery life...
- Our lightest Surface Pro yet*, starting at 1.69 lbs (m3 model). Wireless: Wi Fi:...
The Surface Pro is proudly the most versatile laptop of the Microsoft family. It is the lightest and thinnest of all the models they offer. This small frame pairs with surprisingly impressive sound system with the new addition of front facing speakers. The newest version of the Surface Pro also offers a whopping 13.5-hour battery life which is among the highest you will find of any laptop on the market. Of course, like the Surface Book, the Pro also doubles as a tablet. The new addition of Studio Mode lets you turn the screen back a deeper than ever on the hinge, allowing for a great drawing and writing angle. No matter where you plan on taking this laptop, whether it be on a hike or in the library, it is suited for whatever scenario you need.
Buy this if: You want a powerful laptop that will be good when you’re on the go.
4. Most Tablet Oriented: Microsoft Surface Go
- High res 10 inch PixelSense: Display designed to be viewed, touched, and written...
- Lightest surface yet, starting at 1.15 pounds. Touch: 10 point multi touch
- All day battery life, with upto 9 hours of unplugged power. Ambient light sensor
- Runs Windows 10 Home in S Mode, streamlined for security and superior...
Of all the Microsoft Surface laptops, the Go is good for those who want a tablet first that doubles as a computer and not the other way around. At only 1.15 pounds, it is certainly the most compact of all the products described in this article. Much like the Surface Pro, this is one of the most portable laptops that Microsoft offers, and the nine-hour battery life will be sure to keep it running all day after you leave the house. The Go is a great laptop for taking in media content and light work or school activities. If you are looking for a laptop for everyday home and office use, you may want to consider a more traditional laptop from our list, but this will certainly meet your needs if you are looking for a more casual option.
Buy this if: You want a casual laptop for media content ant light home and work usage.