If you have more than one LCD screen or TVs at home and you want to share the audio and videos on all of them simultaneously, it may look hard but not anymore. You can stream on the screens without necessarily needing another streaming device, thanks to the best HDMI splitter gadgets on the market.
An HDMI splitter allows you to broadcast from one source to multiple devices like TVs, LCD screens, computers, etc. People tend to confuse an HDMI splitter and an HDMI switch; therefore, before picking up an HDMI splitter, it's crucial to note the differences between them.
We have listed the best HDMI splitters on the market and the main differences between HDMI splitter and switch in these reviews. We have also included a buying guide to help you buy the best HDMI splitter that will serve your needs. Let's begin!
The Best HDMI Splitter
1. Techole 4K Aluminum Ver1.4 HDCP HDMI Splitter
- HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 out - Techole Aluminum HDMI splitter distributes audio and...
- Long Distance Transmission - The HDMI splitter provides 10.2 Gbps bandwidth for...
- Wide Compatibility - Compatible with HDMI 1.4/ 1.3/ 1.2, support HDCP 1.4(will...
- 4K Crystal Clear Picture - Techole 4K HDMI splitter supports resolutions,...
Techole 4K Ver1.4 HDMI splitter comes with one input port and two output ports, allowing you to share audio and video to two devices simultaneously. It is a great option for entertainment and presentation as it will allow you to duplicate what is displayed on a laptop to two TVs. Besides, it features a plug n play design that promotes ease of use.
Techole 4K Ver1.4 HDMI splitter support HDCP and is compatible with HDMI1.4, 1.3, 1.2. Furthermore, it is suitable for most devices with standard HDMI interface, output: Full HD TVs, monitors, etc. Input: computer, PC, PS3, PS4 Pro, Xbox 360, projectors, etc. It utilizes 4K and 1080P resolution as well for all the input and output devices.
This model has a superior date rate transfer of 10.2 GB bandwidth, making it easier for you to stream content seamlessly and with lag-free performance. The supported HDMI cable could be up to 16 ft., allowing you to duplicate the screen to different rooms. Nonetheless, an optimal resolution needs to ensure that the output's resolution capacity matches the input.
2. Techole Aluminum Bi-Directional 4K HDMI Splitter
- PLUG AND PLAY: This HDMI switch is easy to setup and operate. No external power...
- UPGRADED HDMI SWITCH: Solid Aluminum Alloy construction, Techole durable HDMI...
- FAST & STABLE TRANSMITTION: The HDMI Switch provides high bandwidth 10.2Gbps...
- HIGH RESOLUTION: Support 3D, 1080P, 4K x 2K@30hz resolution and HD audio, with...
Techole Aluminum 4K HDMI splitter switcher is one of the best two in one HDMI splitters on the market. It is a plug-and-play device, very easy to set up. You have to plug it into your output device and push the button to send signals. It comes with a LED indicator that lets you know where you are connected to the splitter. Besides, no external power supply is needed.
This HDMI splitter switcher helps connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display Or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two screens. However, the two displays don't run simultaneously. Furthermore, it is suitable for most devices with standard HDMI interface input such as PS4, PS3, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360, monitors, projectors, etc.
Techole Aluminum 4K HDMI splitter switcher support 1080P, 3D resolution, and HD audio. Use standard HDMI 2.0 cables to enjoy the most luxurious audio and videos. You have to buy the HDMI cables separately since they are not included.
The main drawback is that it doesn't display on the two screens simultaneously when used as a splitter. However, several users recommended a splitter since it is easy to use and easy to configure, as it doesn't need an external power supply.
3. OREI 4K HDMI Splitter 1 In 2 Out
- HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out: THIS UNIT DOES NOT EXTEND MONITORS - ONLY Split one...
- Fully Compatible with any HDMI 1.4/ 1.3/ 1.2 version, support HDCP 1.4(NOTE:...
- Maximum HDMI Cable Use - 30 Feet. For Best Picture quality do not use with...
- Full Video format 3D, 4K x 2K@30hz, 1080P @30hz, 1080P @60hz. Deep Color 4K @...
Like other 1 in 2 splitters, the OREI HDMI splitter split one HDMI input signal into two HDMI output signals identical to the input signal. It supports HDCP 1.4 and is compatible with HDMI1.4, 1.3, 1.2 versions. Furthermore, it is suitable for most devices with standard HDMI interface, output: Apple TV, Full HD TVs, monitors, etc. Input: Fire Stick, computer, PC, PS3, PS4 Pro, Xbox 360, projectors, etc.
This splitter model utilizes 4K and 1080P resolution and 3D video format for all the input and output devices. It is best for the best picture and video quality if you do not use HDMI cables over 30 feet.
4. KELIIYO HDMI Splitter 1 in 4 Out V1.4b Powered HDMI Video Splitter
- 【1x4 Hdmi Splitter】This Hdmi splitter 1 input 4 output duplicate 1 HDMI...
- 【High Compability】Keliiyo 4 way Hdmi Splitter supports full HD 1080P and 3D...
- 【Material& Transmission】Keliiyo hdmi audio splitter made of tough metal...
- 【Wide Application】HDCP V1.4 Powered hdmi splitters 4 port can use for...
If you are looking for an HDMI splitter to connect to your four-screen displays, count on the KELIIYO splitter. This HDMI splitter will allow you to transmit audio and video simultaneously from your main source to four destinations without any quality loss. Besides, it is easy to configure and operate. You need to connect your HDMI devices and the AC adaptor; then, you can share the HD videos and audios with your family or friends.
KELIIYO HDMI Splitter V1.4b model supports 3D and full HD 1080P resolutions. It works well with the computer, game console, tablet, PC, projectors, Blu-ray DVD, etc. however, to ensure normal operation, you have to make sure the resolution of both output devices is the same.
The transmission distance is up to 100ft input, and output distance is included. You can use this splitter's four ports to transmit information in a shopping mall, data control center, corporation show, conference room, etc.
5. Belfen 4K HDMI splitter 1x2 HDMI Display
- befen 1 in 2 out HDMI SPLITTER: It is designed to take the 1 video source and...
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: befen HDMI duplicator SPLITTER connect 1 Input device, such...
- The 1 in 2 out HDMI DUPLICATER SPLITTER supports resolutions up to 4K,...
- PLUG AND PLAY & PORTABLE: Size: 2.5x2.1x0.5 inches / 6.3X5.3X1.2 cm. Small, easy...
Belfen 4K HDMI splitter is a plug-and-play device, very easy to set up. You have to plug it into your output device and push the button to send signals. It allows you to connect one HDMI source to two outputs and both outputs show audio and video simultaneously.
This splitter model supports resolutions up to 4K 30Hz as well as HDCP 1.4. Furthermore, it is suitable for most devices with standard HDMI interface, output: Full HD TVs, monitors, games, etc. Input: Sky Box, Cable Box, computer, PC, PS3, , Xbox 360, projectors etc.
You should use a standard HDMI 2.0 cable to connect to this splitter. It is best for the best picture and video quality if you do not use HDMI cables over 30 feet. If you want to get 4K video quality, use premium 18gbps HDMI cable 2.0
The key differences between an HDMI splitter and HDMI switch
- HDMI splitter takes in a signal from one source like a gaming console or a computer and casts it to multiple screens like TVs or monitors. If you want to transmit one device over multiple screens simultaneously, then go for an HDMI splitter.
- HDMI switch allows you to plug multiple devices into your TV via the cable output. If you want to combine inputs from different devices on one television screen, an HDMI switch is well-suited for that purpose. Therefore, when you don't want to spend money buying another screen and are tired of swapping HDMI cables, an HDMI switch could be of great help.
- HDMI splitter labeled as 1:2 means one source input and three outputs.
- HDMI switch labeled as 4:1 means three source inputs and one output.
Before you decide to buy an HDMI splitter or HDMI switch, ensure that the one you choose is compatible with your device's resolution.
Factors to take into account when buying the best HDMI splitter
Since you now know the difference between an HDMI splitter and an HDMI switch, it is time to make sure that you pick one with the capability and features you want. With that said, consider the following factors.
1. Number of outputs
Although different HDMI splitters come with different output numbers, most of them are labeled as 1:2, meaning one input port and two output jacks. If you have three or more screens that you want to broadcast the signal to, you will need more than two output ports. Some splitters have output ports that extend up to 16 for the specialized gadgets.
2. Cord length
Cord length plays a vital role in the performance of your gadget. Like most data cables and other media, the video signal on HDMI cables lowers over long distances. Therefore, if you plan to split one source into two or more screens, you should first consider the devices' distance. Although there is no exact distance length, maintain 15 meters for good HDMI signals.
Sometimes even the 15 meters distance will be too far if you plan to stream 4K videos. However, the only way to know for sure is by testing your device, the splitter, and your cables. Ensure your other screens are more than 7 meters away, which would help reduce signal degradation.
Resolution denotes the image quality. When selecting an HDMI, have your preferred resolution in mind. 4K is very popular nowadays so are streaming devices with 4K support. If you want to connect a device, for instance, a Blu-ray 4Kplayer or the Amazon Fire TV stick 4K to two 4K televisions, you require an HDMI splitter that supports 4K. If not, you will only get Full HD-1080p.
All the HDMI splitters recommended in this article are 4K-compatible; therefore, you don't have to worry about resolution.
4. Power Options
HDMI splitters are categorized according to their powering options. Also, the amount of power determines the resolution of a splitter over a given distance covered. Most HDMI splitters lack their power supply and are usually powered by an external power supply, unlike HDMI switchers, which are usually powered by the HDMI devices connected to them.
Some of these HDMI splitters are powered by a regular power cable plugged into a wall outlet, while others are powered by a USB cable, which gives you more flexibility. However, these options are less reliable and can only be used over a short distance. Furthermore, their input side is only connected to one HDMI device, which doesn't give enough power to function properly.
5. HDMI Version
When selecting HDMI splitters, make sure you pick one that supports whatever HDMI cables you run. You should as well note the HDMI version on it.
All HDMI splitters support HDMI 1.4; however, if you want 4K, you need the splitter that supports HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1
6. Refresh Rate and gaming console use
The refresh rate corresponds to the resolution in most cases. If the HDMI splitters have superior resolution and a low refresh rate, you will likely experience lagging during gaming scenes and the movie.
Most 4K HDMI splitters support 30Hz, which is good enough for most regular video uses. However, you might be better off with a 60Hz 4k splitter for console gaming, especially if you plan to use something like the PS4 Pro or PS5.
Keep in mind that the splitter always duplicates the input signal, which means both screens will show the same gaming console output.
Some HDMI splitters have a built-in HDMI switcher; therefore, if you want to send the signal from two media devices, for instance, a streamer and a DVD player, to two screens, then you should look for a combined gadget that has at least two input ports, plus the two output ports.
These splitters will save you a lot of money, especially if you want both gadgets but don't have the money to buy individual gadgets.
8. HDCP support
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a protection mechanism built into all modern HDMI-based video devices. The aim is to protect video feeds from illegal copying. It is important to make sure that the HDMI splitter you buy supports this standard. Otherwise, most devices you connect to it will not be capable of broadcasting anything to your screens.
Most HDMI splitters support the HDCP standard; however, it is important to double-check before buying one.
Techole 4K Ver1.4 HDMI splitter is the best overall HDMI splitter. It has a transmission distance of up to 16 ft., allowing you to duplicate the screen to different rooms without loss of quality. Besides, it is a great option for entertainment and presentation as it will allow you to duplicate what is displayed on a laptop to multiple screens.