Gaming laptops for under $2,000 can provide you with a much higher quality of play than they ever have before. Whether you are a competitive gamer, or relatively new to the space, a good gaming laptop can make a world of a difference when it comes to having a smooth and enjoyable experience. Despite what you may think, breaking the bank is not always necessary for getting that coveted computer that will be able to run all your favorite games. In this article, we will break down all the great laptops you can get your hands on for under $2,000.
Top picks for best gaming laptops
1. Best Overall: OMEN X by HP Gaming Laptop
- Processor: 7th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ, quad-core, 2.8GHz up to...
- Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated).
- Display: 17.3-Inch diagonal FHD 120 Hz IPS Anti-Glare WLED-backlit (1920 x...
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible Memory Slots).
HP’s OMEN X has really set the standard when it comes to gaming laptops. Its high refresh rate and 1080p 17-inch screen creates some of the most silky-smooth gaming sessions you could imagine. The advanced thermals equipped on this computer make sure that your laptop remains cool even while playing the most taxing games. The most appeal that this laptop has may be that it is endless upgradable. It will serve as a strong base for building a gaming laptop that is sure to last.
Buy this if: You need the highest quality gaming computer.
2. High End: Dell XPS9560-7001SLV-PUS
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.5...
- 8GB DDR4-2400MHz up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
- 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge touch display
For under $2,000 you really can’t go wrong with the smallest performance laptop in the world. Equipped with a stunning InfinityEdge display paired with the thin design, this computer offers a far less expensive and sleek alternative to the MacBook Pro. You will be able to play your favorite games with the most recent 7th generation Intel quad core processor and GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card for optimal speed and visuals.
Buy this if: You are looking for crisp visuals paired with a fast processor.
3. High End: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology...
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB DDR4 DRAM Memory & 256GB SSD | Extra empty expandable hard drive slot for...
One look at this laptop and you know it was built for gamers. The hard-edged frame and the iron-red backlit keyboard offer excellent external features that are equally matched by the internal performance. The super powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card will provide defined displays as you game on a laptop that is known for its extremely fast loading speeds. The PredatorSense feature equipped in all models even allows you to customize your gaming control features to run at whatever settings are right for you.
Buy this if: You want to customize a gaming laptop.
4. Good Value: MSI GV62 8RD-200
If a gaming laptop under $1,000 is what you are looking for, this MSI model should interest you. Although it may not have every high-end feature of the more expensive laptops on our list, it certainly has some characteristics most gamers can enjoy. MSI’s new NTSC display technology will offer great gaming sessions on their 1080p screen. The improved DDR4 RAM will also permit more bandwidth and fast loading times to help eliminate any lag you may have experienced in the past.
Buy this if: You want great aesthetics at a good price.
5. Good Value: HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Processor, Quad-Core,...
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 550 with 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics and 8134 MB total...
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit;...
- Memory: 12GB DDR4 SDRAM; Designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at...
This gaming laptop offers a fun break from the red backlit feature on most computers you see these days, and displays a nice green glow from the keyboard as soon as you boot it up. Love it or hate it, this is a fun way to distinguish yourself from all the monochromatic gaming laptops around you. With less vs. more demanding games running comfortably 50-70 and 60-80 frames per second respectively, this computer will have no trouble running your favorite titles like Overwatch and Skyrim. This laptop is also compatible with the Windows Mixed Reality headset, and is ready to run any VR games you may be wanting to try. For under $1,000 this one is hard to beat.
Buy this if: You are looking for a less expensive option to run reasonable games effectively.
6. Least Expensive: Acer Aspire FHD Gaming Laptop
- Intel Core i7-7500 Processor 2.7GHz, (4MB Total Cache). It can Respond to Your...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080). Let You Have a Full Grasp of its Graphical and...
- 8GB DDR4 system memory. Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry...
- 1TB Hard Drive. Store 666,000 photos, 284,000 songs or 316 hours of HD video and...
Don’t have tons of money to spend on a new gaming laptop? Understandable! The Acer Aspire is our least expensive pick, but will still provide you with a great gaming experience on a budget. The intel HD Graphics 620 will give you nice visuals on the 1080p screen which comes standard on most far more expensive models. This laptop can also serve as an excellent work or home computer if you are looking to make it work for more than just gaming. With a fast startup and good battery life, this computer can get the job done.
Buy this if: You are on a budget, but gaming is still a must.